1. Toddler Talk-Is there seriously anything cuter than listening to an almost 2 year old talk? Some of my favorite words that come out of Simon's mouth are: "Shpikey" for when he wants his hair spiked, "Jojo" who is Lexi's pet rat, and "Peeeeaaaasssseeee" please.
2. Music-One of my favorite sayings, and also a sign I have on my piano, is "Where words fail, Music speaks." My father has always said that there is a song for everything and he hasn't failed to find one yet! Music also speaks to me in a way nothing else can. It influences my moods and how I deal in daily life. I love music and couldn't imagine life without it. My favorite scripture even talks about the importance of music to our Heavenly Father. Doctrine and Covenants 25:12 For my soul adelighteth in the song of the heart; yea, the song of the righteous is a prayer unto me, and it shall be answered with a blessing upon their heads. So true and so wonderful!
3. Service-I am grateful that I am fortunate enough in life to be able to offer service to those around me. It has been one of my goals to never back down when I think of a service I should do for someone else. I really, really want to accomplish this goal. I was sitting in Relief Society one week and the teacher told us a story that ended with, "Never supress the urge to do a kind deed." It has been my mantra this year and I know that I supress those urges way to often.
0 comments:
Post a Comment