1. Picking Out the Raisins-One of our favorite cereals is Raisin Bran. My kids gobble it right up! Lexi loves raisin bran but she has always asked me to pick out the raisins for her. She loves raisins but for some reason she doesn't want them in her cereal. We hadn't bought Raisin Bran in awhile so I had forgotton this little detail so when Lexi was eating it the other day and asked me to pick out her raisins I realized just how much I had missed her little request. Now it makes me smile everytime.
2. Mama-I don't know what it is about Simon but he has the ability to melt my heart with a single word. This past weekend he decided he wasn't going to call me Mommy anymore. He has now decided I am Mama. I love how he says it. He hasn't the cutest voice and look on his face when he calls me. I swear he knows he will get what he wants just with that one little word. I dread the day he decides he is to big to call me Mama.
3. Courage-This past week I watched as Rayden conquered his fear of riding his bike with no training wheels. He started learning last fall but he decided he wanted to wait through the winter. He knew he didn't want training wheels anymore but he just wasn't sure of the whole two wheel thing. The other day he was ready to try again. I watched as Dirk took him out and started to teach him again. Those two boys rub each other the wrong way sometimes but Rayden wasn't going to give up. He is now zooming through the neighborhood as fast as the rest of them. He has my fear of trying new things but he got his Dad's determination to see it through. What a great example to me!
0 comments:
Post a Comment